At jEyLaBs, our daily routine mainly involves project delivery. We work on projects that apply technology such as K2 to solve serious business problems. This typically involves building apps to remove business process bottlenecks, reduce paper use, provide new ways to conduct business transactions and support executives to make precise business decisions.
Our projects have no choice but to succeed and increasingly the pressure is on us to help our customers succeed fast.
We have employed various techniques to help our K2 project delivery and perfected them over time. We dropped some outdated practices, we tuned many of the traditional software engineering practices to suit our needs and also created some drastically different ways of doing things.
I am very excited to share the following tips with you from our K2 project delivery play book. I am sure these will help your projects succeed.
Tip 1: Consistently apply an Agile approach
Agile is a given. But, of all the organisations employing an agile approach IT project delivery, only a small percentage actually do it right and do it consistently. Continue reading “5 Tips to Accelerating Success with K2 Projects”
K2 just released an update to SmartForms with new features and enhancements.
· Control enhancements – Enhancements including support for date and time selection in the Calendar Control Picker and improved Control binding capabilities.
· Rules enhancements – Updates to existing rule actions including the Navigate to URL and Show Message actions as well as new rule search functionality.
· Designer enhancements – Improvements to the design experience including SmartObject binding enhancements, View settings enhancements and List View filter and search capabilities.
Check out the release notes and download the update here: K2 SmartForms 1.0.4
Today K2 released an update to its smartforms with powerful new features and performance improvements.
Read all about it here and checkout the PDF control 🙂
Here’s some useful doco:
K2 have just released 4.6.5 to customers. This version includes a number of new things including a SmartWizard framework.
SmartWizard gives us the ability to declaratively create wizards and add them to process designer tools. Smart Wizard framework makes it easy to put a nice customised UI in front of SmartObjects.
What does this mean for your organisation? The power of SmartObjects is now truly at the hands of your process designers.
You configure wizards that make the job of accessing backend systems much easier and now every process designer can take advantage of your wizard.
You can configure various wizards to achieve various things and you can make that configuration a reusable asset.
We used to code these wizards for our customers – no longer the case. You can do it yourself. You can make adoption of process automation much easier and faster.
Welcome to 4.6.5 – You are now a SmartWizard.
Want to learn more? We are just an email away. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
At 1 am this morning I was on an all important call with K2. There were 78 other participants. Renier and Codi launched the K2Forms beta and soon after that I grabbed the bits of the beta software.
Continue reading “The revolution has begun – K2Forms beta is open”
You can get the latest K2 update KB1370 now. Feature Highlights are:
· The ability to run a K2 Designer for SharePoint process designed in one environment in another environment without modification
· Multiple enhancements to K2 Services and SmartObject Services, including filtering
· Support for using different versions of InfoPath forms for different versions of a K2 Designer for SharePoint process
Download it from the Customer Portal.
K2 recently released update 1350(KB1350). It provides support for Internet Explorer 9 and the latest service packs for Windows 7 (SP1), VS.NET 2010 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 (SP1). You can download it from the customer Portal.