Content Search is a feature available in the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center. It allows you to search for content across almost all data assets in your Office365 tenant.
Content search makes it easier to search for emails, documents, Skype for business conversations, Microsoft Teams data and threads, Office 365 groups, SharePoint Online items and more.
To access it, Go to https://protection.office.com and Select “Content Search” under “Search and investigation”
Here are some examples as to where we could use Content Search in real life:
- To Get a list of all documents with one or more particular word in documents which are stored in SharePoint Online or OneDrive.
- You notice that some data belongs to a particular department and is shared with another. So you have to search for all the users’ emails, chat history and other Office 365 services to find its use.
- To figure out what sensitive information is made available within some shared folders. You can search by one or more search terms.
- You want to Get Search statistics for audit purposes.
- You want to export some keyword stats.
- To find out if people are discussing a particular topic of interest within Microsoft Teams.
- Check whether a client contacted your business teams through Skype for Business.
Here are some other useful links:
Article contributed by Suhail, SharePoint Consultant.