|At jEyLaBs, we strongly feel that the update and upgrade cycles are essential to see the best performance and optimal user experience of your software platform investments.
Typically, when an update or full upgrade is applied, the following are addressed:
First and foremost, updates will keep you safe from known security holes, not always in the product but maybe in the frameworks utilised or the Server operating system that the software runs on.
Updating your software will frequently provide enhanced capabilities, improved user experience and improvements to the underlying architecture of the software bringing improvements in the efficiency of OS resource usage and consequently improvements in speed and response times.
When you begin using a brand-new installation of a piece of software, you gain the highest level of functionality available at that time. As the vendor continues the development of the software and users ask for more enhancements or uncover “undocumented features”, the validity of updates and upgrades come into play, fixing bugs, enhancing features and providing more efficient software.
At jEyLaBs, we work with K2 a lot. It is important that the K2 update and upgrade cycles are reviewed with a keen eye. It is essential to get the best performance and optimal user experience from your K2 financial outlays.
Over the weekend you would have recieved a notification from K2, “Customer Bulletin: Code Fix Support End Date Information”. This reminds us the importance of keeping our software platforms up to date.
The latest version of K2 blackpearl and Smartforms – K2 4.7 – has a considerable number of enhancements and reasons for tou to upgrade, some of which we’ve listed below:
- SmartForms Application Lifecycle Management improvements, including the ability to identify and address any dependency issues in the designer
- SmartForms client event enhancements and Many new and enhanced controls
- Package by Reference in P&D tool and New Workspace
- K2 4.7, the upgrade mandates a consolidated K2 database.
- As per K2 policy, K2 4.5 is now no longer supported.
- Database consolidation is now a mandatory requirement.
- Support for K2 4.6.10 will cease in June 2017.
- Support for K2 4.6.11 will cease in September 2017.
- K2 has moved to a new Cumulative update strategy for K2 4.7 patches
- K2 is dropping support for older operating systems, databases, frameworks, etc. The installer will not allow you to install K2 4.7 unless you are on a supported OS, .NET framework and using a recent SQL server release.
The following are some key links for you to review:
- K2 4.7 Release Notes
- K2 4.7 Support Matrix
- K2 4.7 Third Party Support
We are able to offer you some incredible offers to assist with keeping your K2 up to date. Contact us via email@example.com for more information.